Monday, June 15, 2015

Parade and last days

Well, it is my last full day in Sardinia. yesterday and last night was a perfect send-off from the island. We all went to a parade and festival combination in a small town that was beyond anything that I expected. Between all of the horses and floats that passed through the streets to the candies and cookies that all of the townspeople threw as well as all the wine that was handed out, it was hard not to have an amazing time.

I’m definitely sad to be leaving. I guess I have become accustomed to the delicious pasta, beautiful landscapes and abundant beaches and I can’t believe how much we packed into four weeks, both culturally and academically.  While the food, people and cultural experiences were amazing, I also can not wait to be headed home to be with my friends and family again. One month in Italy has felt like half a year or longer and I can’t tell if it's from the long nights paired with early wake-up times, or sheer amount of things we did that filled our time here so well. Probably both. We are wrapping up class today and heading to the airport tomorrow. I’m happy to have been here and happy to be headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment